Monday, February 21, 2011

Peacock Silk

This silk was painted a few years ago and I just found the photo, so wanted to save it to the blog. It was painted on a brocade silk which already had a design in it, so it appears to be very complicated. 12x60" Sold (Oh, gee, I just found this again on my old blogs.) Guess I'll leave it.  Sold.

12"x12" B

I found a bunch of handkerchief sized silks and decided to do an alphabet with them. They are a good way to experiment with different colors. Of course, I added some zentangle action too.

Purple Tangle Silk

This was a big project. I have silver resist and water based gutta in here. I am throwing away the water based resist. I really had to work to get the resist out after steaming. This is a Tangle with calligraphy, 35x35". $120.00  I have more photos if you'd like to see it better. Mr. Bear is the model for the top photo.


Once again the ocean called to me. This is a very bold scarf. 12 x 60.  Sold, thanks.

Hugs and Hearts

Yes, I made this silk close to Valentine's Day. I have been afraid to work with reds and pinks because they 'run'. But this one worked. How do you like my new silk model! He is a little too big, but still fun to play with. 12 x 60"  $100.00